Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Frog Fountain 6x6 oil painting


Day 27 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge
I've had a water garden for over 20 years, and have had a lot of different fountains. I started with the plastic kind that stays just on top of the water and sprays water into the air in different patterns. They were pretty but not very stable, kept falling over or getting blown over by the wind. Then I had a concrete fish, standing on his tail, spouting water high into the air. Very impressive, but over the years, he started to disintegrate from the water falling on him, and he looked pretty ugly, like he had a disease! I guess this happened because he didn't have a painted protective coat. Then I had a spitting heron, who was beautiful--made of some sort of resin, I think. Then he sprung a leak! :( This frog has been around and lasted through the fish and the heron, and still looks great. He's cement, but painted.
My husband said the frog looks like he's throwing up. ;) Guess I have some learning to do on painting falling water.
Price

No comments:

Post a Comment